Veneers – St. Johns, FL
Where a Flawless Smile is Possible
Stained, cracked, chipped, or even misshapen teeth can leave you feeling embarrassed and longing for a healthier, more beautiful smile. At Julington Creek Family Dentistry, Dr. Cohen and our team are here to provide exceptional care that leads to life-changing results. If you want a cosmetic solution that will permanently transform the look of your smile, there’s no better option than veneers in St. Johns. Designed to hide flaws and create a balanced appearance, you, too, can smile like the stars. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and find out how we can help you.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin sheaths of porcelain or ceramic that cover the front surface of your teeth. A popular cosmetic treatment for Hollywood’s elite, it is now becoming quite common among regular patients who simply want to feel good about their smiles. Their customization makes it possible for lab technicians to create them according to the desired size, shape, and color.
Whether you want to hide chips, cracks, stains, discoloration, misshapen or misaligned teeth, or even gapped teeth, these thin restorations will hide your flaws and leave you with a balanced and beautiful smile that looks and feels completely natural. Not to mention, they are stain-resistant and capable of lasting 15 years or longer with proper care and maintenance.
The Process of Getting Veneers
The first step to receiving veneers is to schedule a consultation with your cosmetic dentist in St. Johns. During this visit, you will discuss your smile goals as well as which imperfections you want to hide. After evaluating your teeth and determining the best approach, Dr. Cohen will create a customized treatment plan to transform your smile.
The next phase is to prepare your teeth. This requires removing a small portion of tooth enamel from each surface to ensure the bonding agent will properly adhere the veneer to your tooth. It is ultimately up to you how many teeth you want to have covered.
Once impressions of your teeth are taken, our team will send the desired specifications and images to lab technicians who will begin to work on creating your veneers. In the meantime, you will wear temporary veneers, which will be removed once your finalized restorations are ready. Once your permanent veneers arrive in our office, you will return to have them carefully placed. Because it takes a skilled professional with a steady hand and artistic eye, Dr. Cohen is the perfect person for the job.
In just two visits to our dental office, you will see a remarkable change in your smile, allowing you to feel more confident than before.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are one of the most versatile forms of cosmetic dentistry. Giving individuals the opportunity to transform their smiles in an easy and minimally invasive way, it’s no surprise more and more dentists are now offering them as an available solution. Many of the great benefits you can expect to receive when choosing veneers include:
- They’re more stain-resistant than regular tooth enamel, making it much harder for the surface to become discolored
- They are capable of lasting 15 years or more depending on how well you take care of them
- Unlike other solutions (i.e., dental crowns), veneers are minimally invasive, requiring only a small bit of enamel to be removed
- They can easily hide all types of imperfections (i.e., chips, stains, discoloration, misshapen teeth, gaps, misaligned teeth, cracks)
- They are customized based on your needs, which means they will blend in seamlessly with your smile
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Now that you understand the benefits of this treatment, you’ll likely want to know about the overall cost of veneers in St. Johns. Our team Julington Creek Family Dentistry is more than happy to help! Although we won’t be able to offer an estimate of the price until your initial consultation, we can still assess several all-inclusive factors that can impact your bill. To help you be well-informed, we’ve compared veneers to other cosmetic dental work so that you know what to expect from the treatment.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Best For You?
While veneers may be the most popular cosmetic option out there, they aren’t the only ones to consider. Here are several other dental treatments you can benefit from and how they compare in price:
- Teeth whitening – Unlike store-bought whitening products, this professional procedure can provide the safest and most powerful bleaching agents to brighten your smile. Whether you choose an in-office or take-home treatment, you’ll only improve the color of your teeth. Teeth whitening results also won’t last as long as veneers can.
- Cosmetic dental bonding – This cost-effective cosmetic treatment uses a composite resin to sculpt your affected teeth into a more ideal appearance. The entire process can also be completed in just a single visit! While dental bonding can help conceal minor imperfections as veneers do, the results may only last several years before needing touchups.
- Gum recontouring – If you feel you have short or stubby teeth, then you may be able to reveal the rest of your beautiful pearly whites with gum recontouring. This procedure only addresses excess gum tissue and does not physically enhance the size, shape, or color of your teeth.
- Veneers – This cosmetic dental treatment may have a higher initial value, but the investment is well worth it! Not only can veneers mask multiple dental flaws at once, but they also provide a virtually permanent whitening solution for your smile. With proper care, you can expect them to last 15 years or more.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Most dental insurance providers won’t provide coverage for veneers, as they’re considered “elective” procedures. Our team understands the importance of being able to afford your treatment, especially when it can improve your pearly whites and overall quality of life. For this reason, we proudly offer plans through CareCredit which can help break up the cost into monthly installments. Many of these options also come with little-to-no interest, meaning you can have a stress-free experience managing your budget. If you’re interested in signing up for these options, feel free to get in touch with us so we can see if you qualify!